Well below is the beginning and the long struggle from www.youtube.com following facts :
- Youtube was founded in February 2005 by three former PayPal employees, namely Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim.
- At first Youtube headquarters is located on the top floor of a Japanese restaurant Pizza and Restaurant in San Mateo, California.
- Beginning of the first video in Upload on Youtube titled "Me at the Zoo", featuring Jawed Karim at San Diego zoo. Until now the video can still be seen on youtube.
- Youtube launched a beta test in May 2005, six months before the official launch held in November 2005
- In July 2006, or eight months after the official, recorded 65,000 new videos uploaded to Youtube site every day, with 100 million views per day.
- Www.youtube.com name selection resulted in problems for a similar named sites, www.utube.com. The site owner, Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment, filed a lawsuit against YouTube in November 2006 after experiencing an overload caused by regular people looking for YouTube website
- In October 2006, Google Inc.. buy Youtube worth 1.65 billion U.S. $
- In 2007 Youtube has been taking Bandwidth Bandwidth to match the overall magnitude of the internet in the world in 2000
- In June 2008 Forbes magazine reported that Youtube income during 2008 is estimated to reach 200 million U.S. $
- In 2008 Youtube awarded George Foster Peabody Award and for being "Speakers Corners" and participate instrumental in the development of democracy and free speech
- Currently the online video site YouTube became the dominant provider in the United States, maybe even the world, with 43 percent control of the market. An estimated 20 hours duration of the video uploaded to YouTube every minute with 6 billion views per day.
YOUTUBE BLOCKING IN SOME STATES
Youtube has censored several times in several countries for various reasons.
And It NEVER STATES THAT YOUTUBE BLOCKING
• Saudi Arabia Youtube can be accessed in Saudi Arabia, but the page to confirm date of birth of users blocked, preventing Internet users in Saudi Arabia see the page that stated to mature on YouTube.
• Because Armenia Armenia declared a state of emergency as a result of the Armenian presidential election protests in 2008, YouTube has been blocked in Armenia since 2 March 2008. Under emergency circumstances, no media is allowed to broadcast news but the national media.
• Brazil YouTube sued by Brazilian model and MTV VJ Daniela Cicarelli (better known as Ronaldo's ex-fiancee) that this site provides a video made by paparazzi. The video shows him with his girlfriend having sex on a beach in Spain. Demands requested that all the video was removed, if not, Youtube is blocked in Brazil. On Saturday, 6 January 2007, a legal command ordered the filter is placed to prevent Internet users in Brazil to access the site.
Measurement of effectiveness is questionable because the video is not just exist on YouTube, but also on other sites as a part of the internet phenomenon. On Tuesday, 9 January 2007, the same court turned away from their previous choices, asking filter removed. After banning YouTube in Brazil, there brtube.com site, in lieu of YouTube in Brazil.
• Iran On 3 December 2006, Iran blocked YouTube along with several other sites after the mention of "immoral". Prohibition video on Youtube done after the Iranian soap star added to YouTube. Some sources claim that the blocking is caused by a film that glorifies the MKO (the main Iranian opposition group against the Islamic fundamentalist regime).
• On 25 May 2007 Morocco, Maroc Telecom (Morocco state-owned enterprises) meblokir all access to YouTube. No reason was given why YouTube is blocked, but there is speculation that it has ties with the Polisario separatist group or there is a video criticizing the king Mohammed VI. Youtube can be accessed again on 30 May 2007.
• People's Republic of China As part of the Golden Shield censorship, Youtube is blocked in the People's Republic of China since 15 October 2007.
· Syria YouTube is now blocked in Syria.
• Thailand On 8 March 2007, YouTube blocked in Thailand. Many Internet users in Thailand believe the reason is the blocking of video speech, Thaksin Shinawatra, former Prime Minister of Thailand on CNN. The Thai government did not confirm the reason for blocking, but YouTube is accessible again on 10 March 2007.
On the evening of 3 April 2007, YouTube blocked in Thailand again. Blocking is caused because of videos that insulted King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Youtube re-opened on 30 August 2007, after YouTube agreed to remove a video insulting Thailand's king.
On 21 September 2007, Thailand announced they ask for a court order to block the video that appeared on YouTube accuses Prem Tinsulanonda trying to manipulate the throne of the kingdom to make the King of Thailand.
• YouTube blocked in Turkey Turkey on 6 March 2007 to 9 March 2007.YouTube again blocked on 18 January 2008 and re-opened on 27 March 2008.
• YouTube blocked Arab Emirates in United Arab Emirates. This site can be accessed, but Internet users in the UAE can not access user page.
• Pakistan YouTube blocked in Pakistan and pemblokirannya opened on 26 February 2006.
• Indonesia On 1 April 2008, Minister of Information of Indonesia, Muhammad Nuh, wrote a letter to YouTube to remove a Dutch film, Fitna, made by Dutch right-wing politician, Geert Wilders. Government of Indonesia to give two days to YouTube to remove the video or YouTube is blocked in Indonesia. On 4 April 2008, Muhammad Nuh, Indonesia asked all ISPs to meblokir access to YouTube. On 5 April 2008, YouTube is blocked as an experiment by an ISP. Finally, on 8 April 2008, along with MySpace YouTube, Metacafe, Rapidshare, Multiply, Liveleak, and blocked Fitna the official site in Indonesia. Blocking of YouTube and other sites finally opened on 10 April 2008.